As Software Engineer II in one of our Back-end teams, you will play a crucial role in the transition of our in-house developed e-commerce website and systems into our Gomibo platform as a SaaS solution. This is a big challenge where your knowledge and experience will be indispensable. What your role will look like exactly depends on your interests, skills, and what area you want to further develop in.
Nederlands | English
We are not just an online shop, but also a software company. Not only do we use the systems we build ourselves, but we create them in such a way that it’s interesting stand-alone software that can be used by other companies. Each team works on its own part of the software. These can be customer-focused components, but can also be our warehouse system or our own HR system. You design, implement, and optimise new features. We develop almost all the systems we use in-house, allowing us to adapt effectively to complex and challenging changes in the market. So, our scope is much broader than you might have imagined.
As a Back-end Software Engineer II, your responsibilities include:
... and don't forget Gitlab, Docker, Typescript and Redis. We use various tools, including Jetbrains, Slack, Ubuntu/Windows and vscode. This is always in motion, as the world of technology never stands still either.
• You have a college or university degree preferably in Computing Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
• You have more than 2 years of relevant work experience. Work experience in a fast-paced and developing company is an advantage.
• You are openminded and can work in a structured manner.
• You have good communication skills and are proficient in English. This is indispensable for good cooperation in our international development teams when making and substantiating technical decisions.
• You can collaborate well in a team.
• You are proactive in developing your own skills, both technically and personally.
• You are able to work at the office in Groningen during your entire onboarding period. After that, we have a remote working policy of a maximum of 2 days per week. More days are possible in consultation.
• You have a nuanced understanding of Software Engineering. You understand how systems (or their elements) interact and are able to capitalise on this.
• Experience with our stack is an advantage, but not a requirement. We assume you will pick up our stack quickly enough if you have the correct insight.
⬆️ We are working hard to create a new video for this vacancy. In the meantime, take a look at the video above from another development team to get an impression of who we are and how we work.
Plenty of (international) growth opportunities
Get the best custom-made career in the Netherlands.
Your development is key
Individual coaching, code reviews and much more.
The best gear
Desktop with 3 displays, CPU: Ryzen 2600X, GPU: GTX1050, RAM: 32GB. At home too.
Impact from day one
Instant responsibility you feel comfortable with, and your written code will be used within days.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can always contact our Talent & Recruitment Specialists. They are available on business days between 9:00 and 17:30 at the phone number 050-2113856. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to know what the application process looks like? Click here.