What do you do as Development Trainee?
• You’ll get to work on your own from day 1, because you learn the most by doing it yourself. We don't do occupational therapy, but give you real problems to solve. Think about setting up a fraud detection system, or helping to build the front-end of our website that is used by millions of people.
• You will be guided by a buddy; someone with a lot of experience who is ready to help you.
• You will receive training in different topics. These trainings focus on both hard skills - think, for example, training in building APIs or database usage - and soft skills, such as Working Smart.
• You can request coaching sessions where you get tips&tricks and individual feedback that will make you even better.
• We evaluate every five weeks how things are going and how we can help you grow more.
• Our team consists of truly smart developers, as the work is very complex. We develop systems that cannot be created using standard software packages. We deliberately choose to make everything in-house so that we have the knowledge, ability and flexibility to respond to opportunities and changes in the market as quickly as possible.
• The team consists of a mix of part-time students, recent graduates and highly experienced developers who have been with us for years or have brought experience from other organisations.
• As a Software Engineer, you have short lines of communication with the Product Owner of your team. Together with the Product Owner, you look at which features need to be developed and how this should be done. You have a lot of say in this and we find it important that you think critically. Do you foresee problems with a proposed feature? The Product Owner will listen to you and together you will try to find a good solution.
• When you start working for us, you will join one of our various development teams - which team exactly? We will decide that based on your skills, fit, preference and where we need you the most.
Nederlands | English